Who We Are
Through strategic partnerships with donors, regulators, other non-profit organisations, companies, associations, professional bodies and health and nursing faculties, FUNDISA provides ongoing events and opportunities to advance the interests and needs of nursing scholarship it is a better representation of FUNDISA.
Forum of University Nursing Deans of South Africa (FUNDISA) is a registered Not-for-Profit Organization (registration number: 076981 NPO) that is the national voice for South Africa’s nursing and midwifery education programmes (inclusive of undergraduate and postgraduate) in higher education. FUNDISA represents 21 member university nursing departments and 2 associate members namely the Child Nursing Practice Development Initiative (CNPDI) associated with the University of Cape Town, and the Quality in Nursing and Midwifery (INSINQ) associated with the North West University Potchefstroom campus. It is envisaged that FUNDISA’s representation of nursing colleges will strengthen as nursing colleges become integrated into the higher education system.
Through strategic partnerships with donors, regulators, other non-profit organisations, companies, associations, professional bodies and health and nursing faculties, FUNDISA provides ongoing events and opportunities to advance the interests and needs of nursing scholarship.
In summary, FUNDISA’s overarching goals are to:
- Represent the interests and standpoints of nursing and midwifery education, practice and research at various forums nationally, regionally and internationally
- Provide transformative leadership to develop excellence in scholarship and build capacity among nurse scholars and practitioners
- Respond to contemporary issues (education, research, practice) impacting on nursing education, health care and research priorities, and create a space for equitable representation and collaboration in dealing with such issues.
- Support quality in nursing education, practice and research endeavours
- Maintain its footprint and sustainability through projects that enhance nursing education, practice and research.
The vision of FUNDISA is to be a unified platform to pursue excellence in nursing scholarship at universities in South Africa
To provide strategic innovative leadership and expertise in nursing education, promote scholarship and strengthen collaboration with stakeholders.
Respect, Integrity, Commmitment, Cooperation and support, Transparency, Equity