Lesson 8 – Managing The Talkative Caller
Managing The Talkative Caller
Tips For Talkative Callers
Talkative people are often interesting and enjoyable, but on the telephone they can take up a lot of time. To avoid losing valuable time, a conversation with a talkative customer must be managed.
There are three proven techniques that will work for you.
- Ask closed questions.
- Cut the conversation short, by starting your next point in the conversation when the caller pauses.
- Provide a minimal response.
Other points to remember:
- Prioritize calls, long distance first.
- Process calls in order, unless an incoming call is long-distance.
- Record incoming calls when deemed necessary.
- Allow the caller to hang up first.
- Process the call immediately.