Topic 2: Infection control principles -generic and in the ICU
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
• Understand of Infection Prevention and Control during health care when COVID- 19 is suspected;
• Application of Infection Prevention and Control principles in the ICU when COVID-19 is suspected or managed;
• Identify and demonstrate the appropriate use of personal protection equipment in the ICU;
• Understand of respiratory Infection Prevention and Control measures in nursing a patient with COVID-19 in the ICU;
• Have an awareness of the WHO and national IPC guidelines.